How can I attach records from Ancestry.com in a MyCanvas book?
Attaching a record to a page in your book
When you create a family history book in MyCanvas, most of the records are automatically transferred onto pages in the book. If you have a record attached to someone in the tree, and it did not automatically create a page for that document:
- Open the project to where you would like to insert the record.
- Click the Pages icon at the top of the page.
3. Click Add pages.
4. Click Record page.
5. Click Add Page, in the lower right corner.
6. Select the tree in which that record is located.
7. Select the individual's name the record is attached to. The best way to do this is to type in the first 3-4 letters of the person's first name and choose from the list of possible matches.
8. Once you have chosen the person, below their name will be a list of records that are currently attached to this person. Select the record you want to create a page for.
9. Click on Add Page(s).
A new record page will be created for the record you selected. You can also select multiple records and a page will be created for each separate record.
An attached record isn’t displayed
If there are records not showing in the list of records attached to a person, please follow these instructions.
- Open the original image on Ancestry.
- Click Save in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select Save to my computer.
Note: You will need to choose where you want to save it, e.g. My Documents, Pictures, Desktop, etc. Remember where you save the image and the name of the file to easily find it later.
- Open the project to the page you want to add the image to.
- Import the image of the record you had saved to your computer in step 3.
- Choose and apply the background you would like.
- Drag the image from My Photos to the new page you had created for this record.
- You can now edit and arrange the image to choose how it displays on the page.
To edit the image:
- Click on the image. You will see a yellow square mid-way on each side, a larger square in the lower right hand corner, and a circle at the upper left hand corner. These are used to crop, resize and rotate the image.
- Hover your cursor over one of the squares on the side until it turns into a double-sided arrow.
- Hold down the left click button and slide the mouse in or out to crop the image.
- To re-size the entire image, use the larger square in the lower right hand corner.
- To rotate an image, use the circle in the upper left corner.