Question: How can I create a Recipe Book?
Answer: There are a couple ways to create a Recipe book. We have a Recipe book theme you can choose, or you can create one from scratch. The pages have very different styles, so you may want to look at both options to see which one you prefer.
Option one: Creating a Recipe book by selecting the Recipe Book theme:
- Click on Photo Books under Products in the menu on the left side of the page
2. Select the Size book you want
3.Select Recipe book under Themes
4. Click on Start working on your book
Option two: Creating your Recipe book from scratch
- Go to the home page for MyCanvas.
- Click on Photo books.
- Choose the size book you want.
Note: There are more options for page lay-outs available in the larger books than for the 8 x 8 size
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose: No Theme
- Click on Start working on your book. The program will create a book with 20 blank pages.
To select the backgrounds for the pages in your book:
- Click on the Backgrounds tab in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Click on All. Now you will see a listing of the various categories of backgrounds we have available.
- Click on Miscellaneous
- The recipe pages are at the end of this category
If you have created one of the 11 x 8.5 or 14 x 11 books, you have the option of adding pages with a lay-out specifically for entering recipes. This will create new pages in the book, not just change the backgrounds. Therefore, you will need to delete the blank pages in the project.
To add the recipe pages:
1- Open the project and click on the Pages icon at the top of the page.
2- Click on Add Page.
3- Click on the Family History category under Themes
4 - Click on Classic.
5- The recipe pages are on the last row.
6- Click the page you want to add
7- Click on Add Page.