Question: How can I get the pictures from my Ancestry.com tree into my project?
- Answer: To import the pictures from your tree into your book:
- Open your project
- Choose the tree the pictures are in:
- look on the left side of the screen, under Ancestry Records
- use the drop down arrow to see all of your trees
- click on the tree you want to access pictures in
Select the person the picture is attached to:
a- Type in the first 3-4 letters of the person's first name
b- Click on the correct choice from the list of possible matches that opens up
Once you select the name, all of the records and other images attached to that person in this tree will populate in the white area below.
Point to the image you want to add to the page
- Hold down the mouse button and drag the image onto the page
- Once the image is on the page, you may edit the image or move it to any location you choose
To edit the image:
- Click on the image. You will see a yellow square mid-way on each side, a larger square in the lower right hand corner, and a circle at the upper left hand corner. These are used to crop, resize and rotate the image.
- Hover your cursor over one of the squares on the side until it turns into a double sided arrow.
- Hold down the left click button and slide the mouse in or out to crop the image.
- To re-size the entire image, use the larger square in the lower right hand corner.
- To rotate an image, use the circle in the upper left hand corner.